Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Week 7
Assignment 1
" What to read next"  good site for readalikes. I do like better the local Flamingnet Teen book reviews.

Assignment 2
"The next big thing: adults reading teen literature" from YALSA
I did observe for sometimes adults reading YA books and I do agree with a lot of the reasons presented in the article:
parents that want to know what their teen is reading. The vampire books made lots of Moms come to the library looking for the Twilight series, True blood, and more.
The TV series based on the teens book are very popular, so the books.
The movies made after the books brought lots of interest.

"Who's buying teen books ?Lots and Lots of adults"
The article brings good points, why are interested on buying YA books : gifts for the younger generation, good reads from very well known writers, like Margaret Atwood, Barbara Kingsolver, etc.
I do not agree with one of the reasons that the YA books are "written in a less complicated fashion" and provides a relaxing read for and adult. I think that most of the teens books are very well written and very interesting subjects, and they are YA because the protagonists are teen age.

I did post comments on Patti D, and Katie M

1 comment:

  1. I think Miky is right; I don't think teen books are written in a less complicated fashion. I think one of the reasons they do so well for adults is that they are more interesting, creative and complex than many conventional adult bestsellers.

    Melissa G.

    ReplyDelete