Week 5
Assignment 1:
My Favorite site is Goodreads, I got to know to navigate it pretty good and is helpful on many levels:
personally being able to have a log of the books I read .
helping customers , keeping up to date with what my friends are reading.
Assignment 2 :
"Popular" as genre at CA I would say Mystery and Fiction.
NPR talk are, also, popular with our customers and very often a source of information.
A good number of our regular customers are just asking for the Best sellers list.
Early Word it is a site I look from time to time, and I am still discovering its potential.
I do use the Awards section as well the Top club picks, Book club selections, Book of the month and Books to Movies.
Most of the customers I do recommend and talk about books, definitely prefer to read the book before the movie, but we also do get a big "help" when a new movie comes out with customers, which otherwise will not pick up that book.
Assignment 3:
"His wife Leaves Him" by Dixon Stephen
Prizewinner author Dixon will come out in June with a new novel: a story of a man and the loss of his wife. A character driven novel, strongly thematic, funny and tender.
A literary writing in contemporary setting.
This book will be popular with customers that liked authors as: Anita Brookner, Sue Miller, O'Nan Stewart.
No comments:
Post a Comment